This is not about selfishness or vanity. This is not narcissism. When you truly love yourself, you don’t need to blast it to the world or even tell anyone else. Loving yourself allows you to love others. It also allows you to feel love from others.
Start today – tell yourself something kind and nice. Find, recognize and appreciate the qualities you like about yourself. Don’t give time to those negative thoughts. Treat yourself the way you would a good friend or loved one. Be caring of your own thoughts and feelings. Be more forgiving of yourself, and less critical. Be kind.
Here are 5 Self-love quotes: If these inspire you, write them in your journal, or print them out and keep the messages nearby!
- “Let’s begin by taking a smallish nap or two.” -Winnie the Pooh
- “Accept who you are. Unless you’re a serial killer.” -Ellen DeGeneres
- “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” -Lao Tzu
- “Loving yourself isn’t vanity, it’s sanity.” -André Gide
- “Stop shrinking to fit places you’ve outgrown.” -Unknown
If you are struggling with self-love and self-compassion, this article is a great reminder to practice words of affirmation and to promote a positive routine of happiness for your mental health. While Ketamine therapy is making a big difference in combating the symptoms of depression and anxiety, there is a bigger picture that requires realization and actualization. This is where making conscious efforts to begin and or maintain healthy habits are essential to your continued progress and healing.
Embracing a healthy lifestyle in conjunction with Ketamine Therapy can help you reach your goals, which is why we offer additional support at Ketamine Wellness Centers. Our patient support programs include the following:
- Private Patient Support Group on Facebook
- Facilitated Treatment Support Program
- Family Support & Education Program
If you or someone you know is struggling with an ongoing mental health condition contact us at 855-KET-WELL.